CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

wednesday bloody workday...

Don't be alarmed with the title of this entry. Just that I was listening to U2's Sunday Bloody Sunday on the way home from work this evening. The song is about the bloody massacre in Northern Ireland in 1972, I think. However, this title is about my return to work on a Wednesday after my weeklong holiday and the word 'bloody' is not referring to the real blood but more of intensifying my expression of annoyance that it is a workday. Not that I hate my job but the thought of going to work after being away is such a drag.

Anyway, today is the day where my normal routine resumed. Woke up at 5am this morning for my regular runs. The last time I ran was last Tuesday, while on holiday. This morning's run was rather difficult. I cannot believe that after a week's break, it could be this daunting. Nevertheless, I pushed myself to run the miles.

Surprisingly, work was rather peaceful - it helps when your manager sits on a different floor and prefers to communicate with you over e-mail than the phone and internal messenger. Suits me just fine. I was just a bit annoyed with one e-mail - I hate it when people tell me step by step how I should do my work and this e-mail did just that. But I let it go. No point dwelling over one silly e-mail. I rather focus my energy on something more worthwhile like where am I going to go for my next holiday.

Being brown like a toast was totally worth it what with the compliments I received about how great my tanned skin is. Honestly, I have never had a great tan. In the past, any exposure under the sun would led to sun burn and I would suffer the humiliation of dry and peeling skin for at least a week followed by a week of patchy skin before the skin goes back to normal. Well, I guess now I may have learned how to manage the situation under the sun in getting that nice, if not fabulous, tan. Hard work, I tell you but the admiration that I get, priceless!

Two more days and it is the weekend. If only every work week is short like this.


1 comments:

Milky Marmalade said...

Ooh yes, nice tan :)
Hope it stays like that for a gd few wks!