CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 25, 2007

compact discs...

The hunt for more heart pumping songs continued yesterday. It has been a while since I went out to buy music CDs - not a lot of newly released albums that have caught my listening ear. However, after a recent obsession with U2 in the last couple of weeks, I decided to go out to buy one of their compilation albums:

U2 - The Best of 1990-2000
There are some tracks in there that I have not heard before and it is worthwhile to add to my U2 collection. Funny, I just recalled that back in the early 90's, my dad bought me U2's Achtung Baby. How cool was that?

I browsed further in the CD shop and decided to get:

Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane
I have always to get this album after having heard to their famous first single, This Love but I kept holding back. I don't know why but now I bought it.

Maroon 5 - It Won't Be Soon Before Long
I also grabbed their new album, which I am listening to right now. Up to track 3 now and I already love this album.

I thought the purchase of CD ended there but received a call from LET before hopping on a train to go home last evening. Drinks!!! After a round of beer, a good chicken kebab with mint sauce and great conversation, we dropped by another CD shop before heading home. LET wanted to buy a CD but yours truly ended up buying 2 more CDs at a bargain:

Take That - Beautiful World
I have been meaning to get this and now finally get around to it. I have a soft spot for Take That. Remember that I only discovered them towards the time when they were about to break up. How bad is that?? With all the heavily guitar strumming on the other albums, I think Take That tracks would ease the ear at the end.

Fall Out Boy - Infinity On High
After hearing and watching their track called 'Thanks For The Memories', which have kept me company during my runs, I had to get their album – a big risk because I don't normally buy an album unless I like 3 or more songs and have read a couple of reviews. Had a quick listen before Maroon 5 and I think I may have a few more tracks to add to my running playlist.

I am at Track 7 of Maroon 5's It Won’t Be Soon Before Long and there is no let-up. I will be musically entertained this weekend, like any other weekend but with new songs this time. These CDs are good buys. Very excited to listen to each and every one of the songs - dancing around in my room and doing the air guitar every now and then when the a lead guitar solos sufaces in any of the songs in these albums.




0 comments: