CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 26, 2007

i ran further...

This morning, I participated in my first half marathon (21km) race - The Singapore Bay Run/Army Half Marathon. Based on my watch, I completed the race in 2 hours and 45 minutes - 15 minutes more than my targeted time of 2 hours and 30 minutes. Well, it didn't matter because my objective in taking part in races this year is to finish them. Timing is not so important at this point - well, I say that now because I did not finish in the time I wanted to. Nevertheless, I am quite happy that I have taken part and completed it.

It was not that hot this morning but I was struggling a bit after the sunrise. I could not psyched myself to open my stride and run faster. I finished all the drinks on my fuel belt by the 18km. I usually get motivated with music during my runs but the battery on my iPod went flat at the 16km mark. Hence, the last 5 km was a drag without music! Plus, I am not sure why but my feet was hurting almost throughout the run. That was the other part of the struggle. When will my race not be a struggle??

The one thing that I hate when running in these races is running with like thousands other participants, sweaty participants. I hate it when I get I get knocked by a stranger's sweaty arms. Euuughh... I cringe each time that happens and that happened a few times today. I prefer running my own race i.e. running on my own on regular days but sometimes you have to run races in order to have some kind of a goal.

I am eagerly waiting for the official time from the champion chip. I don't think it will be much less than the time I have mentioned but still, sometimes that few minutes can make a whole lot of difference.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

good effort! too bad a participant collapsed and died. this sort of thing, i think need preparation

hope to see more of ur race reports

my frens asked me to join half-marathon during std chart marathon ... well i hope i dun hit the wall then

------
uncle sha