CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 10, 2006

no, the italians didn't do it better!

Here is the text, which my friend, Moh sent on my mobile this morning:

“I shall not drink Italian wine for a month. What? Penalty to take the cup?”

Well the penalty shootout was a last resort but for a team who has been spending most of the second half and extra-time playing in their own half, defending, they totally don’t deserve to win the World Cup. I would have given the same strategy too if I were a team manager - just hang on till penalty shootout!

The French were unlucky. They were great but Buffon was standing in the way of them getting a goal. And when it had to come down to penalties to determine the winner, I just knew that Barthez could not make one save – it was a gut feeling. No offence to the Italians – they have good players but they were not playing like champions of the world would be playing last night.

No point dwelling about this because the champions have been crowned. I am joining Moh on a strike – no Italian wine and also Italian food for at least a month!

0 comments: