CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 16, 2006

au revoir...

I've made up my mind
It's time for a new beginning
I'm living my life, yeah
It's time for a new beginning

There's a new day coming
I'm getting ready for a change
Yes, I am
Yes, I am
Gotta keep on running
Gotta be a better way
Yes, there is
Yes, there is

(words from Stephen Gately’s (formerly of Boyzone fame) song, New Beginning)

So yes, after almost six years at my current job (yes, a job and not a career. Who has a career these days anyway?), I am moving on. It was at the end of November last year when after moving from the office downtown with a spanking glamorous address to a business park in the suburban east, I had a feeling that I was not going to be there for long. (My friend, Moh, felt that I was just bragging about this but it is true! I did feel it!) I had a feeling that 2006 will be the year that I land myself a new job – and I did!

And so, last Friday was my very last day at the company where I have spent almost half a decade (according to my friend, Noridah, six years is not long. If you are talking about ten or twenty years ago, yes it is not long. These days, people don’t stay in their job for long). I didn’t do any work that day. Well, considering that it has been crazy the last few weeks, not doing any work for one day is not going to matter. Also, the other thing was I forgot to bring my laptop to work – never had this happened in my working years. By noon, I was rushed for lunch and a so-called off-site team activity with my teammates all afternoon. I didn’t even have the chance to say farewell to some of the other people from other departments who I know.

As I begin my new journey tomorrow at the new organization, I begin to think about the good times (and bad but try not to think about that too much), which were had. As with every story, there has got to be an ending. As I’ve told some of the people before I left, this is not goodbye – it is see you again soon!

0 comments: