CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 23, 2006

information overload...

This first week at my new job has been quite the roller coaster ride. The first few days have been slow and all of a sudden, at the end of the week…… BOOM! There were meetings, teleconferences and training to attend.

On Friday, I had too much information coming to me that by 5pm, my brain was tired. It seems my ‘processor’ speed, ‘RAM’ (Random Access Memory, for those who are wondering) and my ‘disk’ space require either upgrading or replacement, considering that this ‘machine’ was built in 19 blah blah. I am sure you know what it is like when you are mentally tired – it is worse than being physically tired. When you are physically tired, you can just hit the bed and sleep. When you are mentally tired, sleeping at night can be a problem. Your subconscious would continue to work while you sleep and leaves you more tired when you wake up. I hate that. I pretty much spent much of Saturday resting my brain i.e. not doing much, that is. There were minimal conversations and nothing that requires any thinking. I guess it is time to admit that my parts are wearing out and this is part and parcel of aging. Oh lordy!

0 comments: