CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

new beginning...

So, on the 17th day of the 7th month (7th month? Based on the Chinese calendar, it is not a good month, innit? Oh god!!!) was my first day at this new organization. It was marred by lack of sleep and hormonal issues. Yesterday, I began to wonder if I have made the right decision to move to this new job. But after a good night’s sleep, I am different person today and my perspective on things has been different – more positive I would say. I guess when you make a new start, there is a tendency of not knowing what to expect.

However, working in the heart of the financial district is something which I am going to have to get used to. I have never worked in the financial district before – downtown yes but not here in crampy Raffles Place. I don’t fancy the crowd, the train ride or the lunch hours. It is a total nightmare! Sigh, what did I get myself into??

Anyway, I will have to make the best of it. Things are pretty slow at the moment. Perhaps that is why I got the time to think about all the things that I should not be sweating about. I better enjoy this honeymoon period before the going gets tough. And the other thing I need to do is try as much as I can to ignore the politics here, if there are any going on. So yeah, it’s time for a new beginning and I am ready for anything coming my way!!

0 comments: