CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 28, 2007

withdrawal mode...

I am in a total football withdrawal mode. Two Saturdays ago saw the final match of the English football season. The Spanish & Italian football season only ended over the weekend but it was wierd that there are no 'live' matches on Saturday and Sunday nights. I guess this is the life cycle that a football fan goes through each year during this time and worse, this will be the longest that we will go through without 'live' football matches considering there will be no major tournament in June i.e. either the World Cup or the European Championship. Oh well... We will be 'alive' again when August comes

Not only do I not have any 'live' football matches to look forward to on weekends, my friends changed plans this past weekend that throws my schedule out of whack. My Saturday mornings especially has to follow a certain routine- I alternate my Saturday mornings between a 10km jog followed by a 20km of cycling and a long distance run (generally aiming to reach 20km at some point). This routine will not be followed if it rains before I could start jogging but that rarely happens. Afternoons will be spent either taking a nap or meet up with friends. The evenings will be spent watching football.

This past Saturday however, not only was I suffering from football withdrawal but this was the first time that I did not wake up at my regular Saturday morning time. I did not go for my jog and my usual alternate cycling session was changed to Sunday afternoon to accomodate a friend's schedule. I don't know what it was but it just felt wierd. I know that it is good to live a litte and be spontaneous and not to follow a plan to the letter but when it comes down to my exercise, I just like to do all of that in the mornings and get it over and done with. Once the morning routine is not followed, my whole day is ruined - I don't feel energetic. I get a little moody (not too much like before. More like the energy has been sucked out of me). I lost my focus.... oh, you get my drift. Sunday mornings would be a sleep-in day and Sunday afternoons are spend not doing too much strenous stuffs considering that Monday is a workday. I like to spend Sunday afternoons drinking coffee with friends, a spot of shopping or just stay home and do some cleaning up.

Don't get me wrong. I did have a good weekend but not keeping up with my usual morning weekend routines bothered me. Now, it bothers me that this bothered me. I am supposed to be easy-going but now I have just become so anal. I don't know what it is - can't explain it. The worse part is I am so determined to get back into my normal weekend routine this coming week. Oh god! What have become of me? Pathetic!

0 comments: