CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

not my day – part I

Woke up this morning before the alarm went off at 5am. The sky seemed clear and quickly, I started to gear up for my run. See, I am all eager because it has been almost two weeks since I did my regular run after that 14.5km run I did two Saturdays ago. It didn’t help that much that in the last week or so, it has been pouring in the mornings, which has hindered me from doing any of my scheduled runs. My body was longing for a good workout and sweat!

After three kilometers into my running, the wind started blowing so strongly. After four kilometers, I could feel droplets of rain on my face. I persevered. Into my five kilometers, it began to pour. I continued to run, hoping that the rain would subside but no, it didn’t. I had to stop after five kilometers and head for shelter. Off all the days, I had to put on a white t-shirt instead of black. I was soaking wet by the time I head for a shelter since I have been running in the rain (it has been a while since I felt the rain on my face that way and frankly, it felt nice). Thank God, it was still early (and the fact that it was a public holiday), there were not many people who saw me all soaking wet. Otherwise, it would be like a wet t-shirt competition, with all eyes on me – I hate the thought of that. My hair, even though tied up, was in a total mess by the time I got home.

I had to wait for a while at the shelter but I was utterly uncomfortable. There I was staring out into the rain and thought about how nice it would be to snuggle in my bed. Instead, there I was, at least 3 kilometers away from home, staring out in the open where the rain had wet the roads. As the rain began to turn into drizzle, I quickly made my way back home and was still soaking wet.

Despite the fact that I managed to run for about 8 kilometers, it didn’t feel like a good workout either. It really upsets me but I keep telling myself that at least I manage to get some running done. I wish the weather would look-up in the next week. Isn’t it supposed to be a non-rainy season at this time of the year? What’s going on? Freaky weather these last couple of weeks - as far as Singaporeans like me are concerned.

0 comments: