CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 30, 2006

we are on our way to gorgeousness!

When you were in your teens, you were in such a hurry to grow older. You want to be in your twenties and you want to start working, have a career, get married, and start a family, blah, blah. Then, as you get to your twenties and then, most of us get terrified of the thought of turning thirty. And then, you actually get to your thirties. So, how does that feel?

Well, yours truly has turned thirty this millennium and had another birthday in my thirties this month. Looking back, I am not the least bit terrified of being in my thirties and going on to my forties. Why should I be? I think I am looking my best after I turned thirty. I am more confident, not afraid to face the challenges in this world. I have the freedom in the world to do anything I want and actually being able to afford to do what I want to do.

So yes, life is a little bit complicated at this age too. There are more responsibilities with the family (parents, siblings) and at work. Most of your single friends are now married and have children. You don’t get to see them that much and when you do, sometimes they want to fix you up. And when you go to clubs and other drinking joints, you feel like you are the chaperon.

However, I am not the least bit concerned about the downside of being in my thirties and single. I am happy being the way I am. I still go on doing what I truly enjoy - go on holidays, going out at a moment’s notice, watching an entire game of football (soccer for the Yankees) with no interruptions and have a long lie-in over the weekend. Some may beg to differ and say that I am getting too comfortable with being single but hey, I don’t give a hoot. This is my choice! Why fix something that is not broken?

What summed up my feeling of being good at this age are the well wishes I received from a couple of my friends:

Have a Gorgeous Birthday!
You are on your way to Gorgeousness!

Now, doesn’t that tell you something? It is not a bad thing being a thirty-something and I’m loving it!

0 comments: