CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 04, 2006

34939 - the stats..

So, the results/stats are out. It seems like yours truly is an average 10km runner – finishing 2721st place of 4448 female runners. I was a bit disappointed and started making “if only” statements. Then, I chatted with a friend, who is a seasoned marathon runner (he ran 42km in 3 hours and 12 mins. Wow!). He said that I did pretty well for a first time runner & considering the fact I only started training a couple of weeks before. He felt that I could only improve the next time I run and gave me some tips for training up for these races. Perhaps I was being too hard on myself – like I always do when I felt that I could have done something better but never put in enough effort. However, I have received some encouragements from other runner friends and even some proposals of running other races together. I remain motivated.




0 comments: