CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 04, 2006

34939...

That was my race number for the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon. So, yes, I took part – I ran the 10km yesterday and this was my first time running in a marathon… even though it was only for the 10km run.

I registered for the run in late August but only seriously trained about 2 weeks before the marathon – thanks to procrastination. I completed the run in 1 hour, 29 minutes and 39 seconds to be exact (I think - will verify this on the website after they publish the results in the next 24 hours or so) but I gladly round it up to an hour and 30 minutes. ;-) I feel that it is not bad for someone who was running the 10km for the first time – although I have to admit that at some point, I was brisk walking.

Post marathon was celebrated with a nice brunch, good conversations over a cup of much needed coffee with some good company and later, a good night’s sleep after being up and about since 4.30am (The run for 10k was at 7.30am).

After that run, yours truly is motivated. Once the aches around the thighs are gone (hopefully soon), regular running is in order. I am determined to complete the next 10km run (wherever and whenever that will be) in an hour. Crossing that finishing line was a good feeling and I gladly run another marathon to get that feeling again.

0 comments: