CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 12, 2008

no time for losers again...

It was down to the wire last night but after a nail biting 105 minutes, it was time for joy when Manchester United retained the English Premiership title – the 10th league title for Sir Alex and my favourite player, Ryan Giggs. Thanks to Bolton for holding Chelsea with a draw. I jumped for joy at the final whistle as Manchester United ended the domestic season with style.


It was a great final day of the season with crucial matches to be played at the top and the bottom of the league. Teams like Birmingham and Reading gave their best performance of the season only to be relegated. It was an intense moment for some fans, like me, where at the final minute, your team could either make or break it. To me, it was like 1999 all over again, when Manchester United won the treble – that was an intense season for me as a supporter.

I made a prediction last December on how the top and bottom three of the league will look like at the end of the season. I was not entirely on the spot but at least I was partially correct - that Manchester United will be champions and Derby County will be relegated.

Another showdown with Chelsea for the Champions League final (I was gutted when Chelsea defeated Manchester United in a league match at Stamford Bridge on 26 April 2008) in Moscow on 21 May 2008. It will be another nail-biting moment but with the confidence on high, I think Manchester United have a good chance. Liverpool would have made the final a much more interesting match to watch but hey, we need to get one back from Chelsea after that defeat at Stamford Bridge.

We have the Euro 2008 next month, so the withdrawal will not be too bad this year.

0 comments: