CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

a girly girl day...

I have had numerous girly girl days in the past or even a girly girl hours, with that usually happen over lunch time. It mainly involves shopping where you and your girl friend get all excited when you find a fashion item like shoes, clothes and accessories followed by coffee or meals sessions with endless talking about everything and anything. Normally, these sort of days best happened when they are not planned.

I remember an occasion when Polly, one of my close friend, and I decided to take extended lunch time (we had a stressful morning at work) and went to River Island to look at the shoe sale. We left the shop with two pairs of shoes each and visit to the shop only lasted 30 minutes. Amazing!

Yesterday, I had another successful spontaneous girly girl day. Liz, another one of my closest friend. We spent the mid morning till after the early afternoon at the pool – sun worshiping for me and a few laps in the pool for Liz as well as conversations while having a long dip in the pool. After a meal following that relaxing time at the pool, we headed down to a mall because I wanted to check out an item I saw on Friday and have not been able to take my mind off it. That went spiraling into a shopping extravaganza!

In 2 hours, we were busy checking out a few stores, trying out a few outfits and bagged ourselves some good deals (it is mid-season sale happening all over town with various discounts offered at most shops with collaboration with various credit card companies). The highlight of the day was when we stepped into Top Shop and found ourselves a nice pair of skinny flare denim jeans. We bought the same design and Liz, who has been looking for a nice pair of jeans for the longest time, ended up with 2 great pairs – the skinny flare which we both loved and another dark denim. She was extremely happy that she found a couple of nice pairs after being disappointed when the perfect denim we found at Calvin Klein earlier did not fit her well. I guess that was a blessing in disguise as those two pairs of jeans she paid for at Top Shop cost 30% less than the pair of Calvin Klein jeans. That should explain why she was very pleased with her purchase. Her words later when she tried the jeans again at home was “I love love love the jeans!”

It is amazing what you can bag when you are not really looking for things you wanted. I wish I could post a photo of the jeans we both tried, love and bought but I could not find the photo from the Top Shop website. But it looks something like the following:






























My other purchases include a purple dress from Zara and a bikini from Warehouse. Like Liz, I am also very happy with my purchases. Looking forward to wearing them soon!!

All that shopping left us a little hungry – well, mostly me. Liz is never hungry. But she came along with me and we shared a plate of satay (barbecued meat on sticks). A nice meal to end our spontaneous girly girl day's out.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol,so nice