CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

run like the wind...

Today, I bought my third pair of running shoes since July this year. None of the previous two shoes have satisfied me like the first running shoe I bought back in December 2006 when the addiction for running began. As much as I love that pair of Nike shoes, conversations with fellow enthusiasts showed that Nike is not a brand that runners would choose for running. Recommended brands are Asics and Adidas, as well as a small number recommending New Balance.

After enduring much discomfort and pain in the last 5 months with New Balance & Adidas, I went to the Running Lab at Funan Centre this evening to get some professional help for a pair of running shoes. After making observations of my bare feet, the sales person at the shop recommended me a couple of men’s running shoes. It seems like yours truly has quite big feet (long and wide) for a woman and there are no shoes in the women’s range that would fit me comfortably.

After trying both shoes, I decided to go with the Asics TN712. They are not exactly cool looking shoes like my Nike shoes or the Mizuno brand, which I tried with the Asics. However, I had to choose comfort over style, unlike when you buy your regular women’s shoes, where you choose style over comfort. :-P

I have to retire the two pairs of shoes previously bought for activities which do not require much of footwork. I still have the Nike shoes which I still wear it for my cycling sessions. They are not exactly cycling shoes but they serve the purpose for the moment.

I am looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning and go for a run with my brand new Asics TN712. Totally motivated now and hope that these pair will not let me down like the others have in recent months. I may not run like the wind, like the title of this entry has suggested but at least I will not be in discomfort during my runs.

0 comments: