CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 24, 2007

a surprise admirer...

It is almost a month since I received the package of books from Cyrille, only to be made realised that there is a surprise in that package. The second paragraph in Cyrille's note made sense now:

un dessin de ton amoureuse secret
(a drawing from your secret admirer)

Well, the secret admirer is not so much a secret. The drawing is from Cyrille's little boy, Alexandre, who I had the pleasure of meeting in 2005. However, I failed to see it in the envelope when I received it because it was stuck to one side of the envelope.

I was supposed to look up the word 'dessin' after reading Cyrille’s note (what can I say? I am rubbish at French) but off course, I never got around to it until a few days ago when Cyrille asked me again because he was a little puzzled why I did not mention anything about it when I received the package. I quickly went to look for the envelope and found the drawing. Thank god I did not throw the envelope straight away after opening the package.

Here is the special drawing from my admirer:






























He knows that I like bright coloured dresses, it seems. Brilliant!

I have mentioned this before… In general, I am not well liked by children of all ages, let alone being given something like this from a kid. This is probably the first time, if memory serves, that I have ever received something from a kid. I am very touched. It almost made me cry. I never thought that he would still remember me since he is hundred miles away and I have only met him once a few years ago. This drawing will be treasured.

Merci Alexandre pour le dessin! Je l'aime beaucoup!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will show him your post and tell you what he said ;)