CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 19, 2007

in pursuit of cheaper alternative?

I normally do not hesitate to purchasing something I like when it comes down to clothes or shoes. It can get a bit out of hand sometimes. Holding back has been always been a problem – buying clothes or speaking my mind for that matter.

However, last Friday, I saw this dress from the Kate Moss collection at Top Shop:

I love this dress. I think it is SOOOO me and have been thinking about it since I first laid my eyes on it. What made me hesitate was the price tag – SGD179. It will still cost more than SGD150 after utilizing my 10%discount card.

Last night, I was reading a
blog, where the blogger saw the same dress and hesitated to buy. She finally bought it after it went on sale in the UK. After reading that, I went to the Top Shop online store and found that the dress is on sale for £15. After conversion, it would come round to SGD45. Now, that is the kind of price I will not mind paying instead of SGD179.

Then, I remembered that a colleague mentioned to me last week that she will be going for business trip to London in early December. I spoke with her this morning and she said she would not mind at all to look for the dress for me. Besides, with the price and that the trip is being paid for, she said that this is a small detour and that she plan to spend some time shopping while she is there. Now, this lady sure knows her priorities. She asked me to try the dress first to see which size fits well, which I did this evening after work and that made it so tempting to just buy it on the spot! I held back off course.

However, my colleague is not leaving till the week after next. I am not sure if the dress will still be available with the sale price by then. If not, I shall wait for the dress to go on sale here. If by sale time, my size is not available, I know that it is not meant to be for me to own this dress. We shall see. Buying a piece of clothing has never been so complicated like this before.

0 comments: