CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 18, 2007

can you keep up??

There are certain genres, which I only go for when going to the movies. Generally, I like chick flicks, comedies, animated and sometimes, drama and a little bit of action packed. However, every once in a while, I get talked into watching movies, which I am not too keen off.

A few years ago, my friends, Joe & Ken convinced me to see X-men. I wasn’t looking forward to it but went anyway. Initially, the movie was a little too intense to my liking. But at the end of it, I enjoyed it much.

A couple of nights ago, I agreed again to see another movie, which I am not keen off. Ken talked me into watching Ghost Rider, starring Nicholas Cage & Eva Mendez. First of all, I am not into Nicolas Cage and why do I want to see his movies. After failing to find an alternative movie, I caved in and went with Ken’s choice, to his delight.

There I was at the start of the movie, dragging it. The only plus at that point was the guy who played young Nicolas Cage. He was so hot! (His name is Matt Long, by the way). As the movie progressed, I was enjoying the CGI effects and the comic relief. One bit which I enjoyed much was when the modern day Ghost Rider with his modern day motorcycle as his ride, met up with the old day Ghost Rider who had his old ride in a form of a horse. Before they rode into the horizon, the modern day Ghost Rider asked his old counterpart, “Can you keep up?” That cracked me up.

Not a bad for a first movie of the year for me. I am looking forward to seeing the Hugh Grant movie, Music & Lyrics. It may be bad and corny but as long as Hugh is it, I am there at the cinema.

0 comments: