CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 10, 2006

instant sistahood..

It is not often that you meet an individual and hit it off instantly, especially for men. But for women, it can be quite easy. Once, I hit it off with this girl who was queuing in front of me while checking in a Heathrow airport. We ended up checking in together and we were busy chatting away throughout our journey. Even the stewardess thought we were like the best of friends.

Last week, it happened again. We had someone from the UK in town for a week and was advised that she could sit at the desk beside me because the lady who sits there was on holiday. I introduced myself to her the next morning. It was an ordinary conversation that one would have with someone from out of town – how long are you going to be here? Is this the first time that you are here in Singapore? Are you going to do the touristy things? Etc, etc. Then, what made us hit it off was when Zoe (that’s her name) asked me where I bought the slippers, which I wear at the office (I don’t wear those 3-inch heels at the office ALL day, you know?). And the rest as they say is history.

Each morning, we would be complimenting each other on what we were wearing or what we were carrying and would spent at least 15 minutes talking before we start working. She has good taste and everything she had one or carry were very nice and trendy. On Friday, her last day in Singapore, I asked her if she had done any shopping and she said no. I told her that she should since it will be like freaking cheap for her considering the exchange rate between the pounds and our dollar. We had planned to go down in the afternoon for a short break so that I can show her the shops around the area. However, I had a meeting, which lasted till 4pm, and by the time I got back to my desk, Zoe had come back with shopping bags. She told me that when she could not find me after lunch, she went to venture on her own and started showing me the things, which she had bought. We were like having a mini slumber party at the office and got all excited.

I absolutely adore her and her posh accent. The one thing that she said about my shopping habits will stick in my head for a while is this:

Zoe : “Do you shop everyday?”

But before I could response, she said as if it was me who responded to that question:

“Oh how rude! I don’t shop every day! I only shop from Monday to Thursday.”

I cracked up. Not only is she pretty, friendly and stylish, she’s funny too. I wish she would sit next to me for a while but I am sure I will see her back in these parts again, if not sooner, later.


Zoe & Me

0 comments: