CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 29, 2005

say goodbye....

On Thursday, I said goodbye to a glamorous office with absolutely fantastic view from the 38th floor in the heart of the downtown Singapore. There will be no more window-shopping during lunchtime, nice meals at classy eating establishment, spontaneous drinking sessions after work or looking out the window to clear your mind on a stressful day. It hasn’t really sunk in to me yet that I will now be based in a small business park in the east – no, it is not a new job, it is an office relocation - I still feel like I will be back at that office next week.

I should be able to get used to this because almost three quarters of my working life has been outside of the city. This should not be a big of deal. However, I will surely miss the fantastic view, a nice hot cup of coffee from my favourite coffee place in the mornings, ice blended drinks on Friday afternoons and a big western breakfast when I feel like it.

As they say, all good things must come to an end but this will be the beginning of patching that hole in my pocket from the three years of extravagance of being based downtown.

How can one give up a space with a view like this?






0 comments: