CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

democrats to demonstrate..

When George W Bush was re-elected to the White House in 2004, the rest of the world was disappointed, yours truly included. That American election was closely followed by most of us because we all wanted Bush out and a democrat back in the White House. The one thing that I still remember till this day was what Cyrille said to me during the days leading to the election. It was funny - "the American election is being covered so much by the French media that I don’t know if I am still French." Hilarious!

So, we all waited for 4 years for the next election and hoping the Democrats can find a strong candidate to run against the Republicans. At the time, we thought Hillary Clinton is the best candidate... until now, that is. Barack Obama came along and now I am torn. I admire them both - strong leaders, great speakers and their plans to improve the American economy (honestly, don't care much about American economy, I just want the American leader to start minding their own business. You are not the leader of the free world, mind you!) sounds promising towards changing the domestic situation in America. I have not lived long enough to see how other democrat presidents fared during their term in the White House (I can always google that later) but Democrat Bill Clinton has done well during his eight year term - the American Dollar strengthened against other currencies is one indication that the American economy was doing well at the time.

Regardless of who will be running for the Presidential election, I just hope that a Democrat gets back to the White House. I am sure Cyrille will have to go through a couple of months later this year asking himself the question, "Am I still French?". However, once a democrat is sworn in as the next American president, we can move on because we know, the Democrats will show the Republicans how to run a country.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

since latest french elections I can see that our new french president is trying is best to handle France as an American President (Media Handling and other ways to control communication).

So now I'm trying my best to stay French despite what wants our first man us to become.

Not sure it's clear...... :p