CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 08, 2007

stress test...

What a week! My body went through quite the stress test this past week.

Sunday

I could not feel my legs and feet after running the marathon. After some application of a deep rub & nine hours of sleep (the first time in a long time that I get to sleep more than 8 hours. I usually put 6 and half and 7 hours of sleep every night), I could feel my legs and feet again and was able to walk without much pain on Monday.

Monday & Tuesday

My thighs were still aching. Squatting down at the toilet bowl to answer nature's call or bending my legs to sit on the chair and going down the stairs was a bit of a struggle. By Tuesday afternoon, I began to feel the flu coming. The common signs - bad throat, headache and the body feeling a little feverish. It also didn't help that I did not turn in early on Monday night as I finished the book I’ve been reading in recent weeks and waking up 5 hours later to catch the second half of the live match between Manchester United & Fulham. I paid the price alright. The doctor advised that I have an early night after a light dinner and medication.

Wednesday

Despite a good's night sleep, I was still not feeling on top of the world. I dragged myself to work. Right after lunch, I had an immediate need to answer nature's call. And nature continued to call since. My stomach and bowels were rumbling and tumbling. I think it must have been that stupid fried fish bee hoon I had for lunch - they put evaporated milk in there and the milk must have been bad. My colleague who had the same thing and he said that his stomach didn't feel good that afternoon. I think I was worse hit than him.

Thursday

I thought the rumbling would be gone but it didn't. Anything I consumed turned to water. I could not believe that I endured two days of this crap… literally! By 8pm, I caved & consulted the pharmacist for a cure. Almost immediately after consuming the pills, the stomach began to stop growling and I was feeling better.

Friday

Avoided dairy just to be on the safe side. I could not afford to be sick this weekend! I have been on a 6-day work week for the past two weeks and this weekend will be the weekend where I actually want a real weekend - no work!!!. That 2 in a row 6-day work week were killing me!! I was considering going on strike. Never again, I tell you!!!

Saturday

Thank God the weekend is here. You don't know how much I have been longing for a morning where I can just laze around and not do much

The past week has been a withdrawal. I have been going to bed at 12 midnight on some nights instead of the usual 10.30pm. No physical activities at all, which left me lethargic all day this past week. However, it was important that my body get the rest it needed. I am eagerly waiting for a cycling expedition later this afternoon and also back to my usual healthy regime next week. Prior to the marathon last Sunday, I could see the laziness began to set in and I surely don't want that to happen.

0 comments: