CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 17, 2007

rock on!!

It is not often that you buy a CD album and enjoy all the songs in it that you listen to it over and over again. When that happens, that album will become one of your favourite albums of all time. The songs will sing in your head even when you are not listening to it and you will remember and talk about it 10, 20 years from now. An impact has been made. There wasn't an album released last year, which has this sort of impact on me. I found one this year. It is Daughtry - a band led by Chris Daughtry from American Idol fame.

I enjoyed Chris's performances in American Idol - I am not really a follower of the show but after seeing him sing in the earlier rounds, I had to watch his performance every week. He didn't win the coveted title but he has won hearts of rock fans all over, including myself. I had listened to his first single, "It’s not over" and thought it was a great song. LET, my drinking buddy, heard the song for the first time when we were in Krabi, Thailand earlier this year and fell in love with it. She went out to buy the album straightaway and started raving about it when I saw her again. She lent me the CD and now, I am hooked!

I have been listening to ALL the songs almost everyday since the last few weeks. It is indeed a very good album, a great rock album. I am not a hard-core rock fan but once in a while when an album like this comes along, it brings out the rocker chick in me. I don't know how to explain it but what is it about rock music that makes you want to head bang, do your air-guitar act and pretend to sing like a rocker with your imaginary microphone stand and leaning forward with it??

Chris Daughtry has a fantastic voice and all the tracks from this album are awesome - very catchy! Some of the fast tracks have kept me company during my morning jogs and they made me want to run faster - I think the strumming of the lead guitar in most of the trakcs just gets my adrenalin rushing. I hope that the band will come up with more great rock albums in the years to come and not disappear in obscurity after this kick-ass album. Daughtry, you rock!!

0 comments: