CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 05, 2006

gone vintage..

I am not so much into vintage but lately, I have been checking out a few shops around town. The best thing about going vintage is that you get to own something which is unique and not walk out of your house one day and see ten other people carrying or wearing the same thing. A good example would be Mango – it is becoming like a factory outlet that place.

The thought of owning something unique just appeals to me and I have made some purchases recently of a few things that I love i.e. accessories to go with my love for clothes and shoes.

I bought the following red clutch and a couple of rings from Granny’s Day Out at Peninsula Plaza:




















Then, I fell in love with this Nicole bag from Swirl at Stamford House and I just got to have it.















I also bought me this brooch from Swirl. Cute eh?



Looking at all these vintage items, it reminded me of those days when I was growing up and my mom would be carrying some of these handbags and clutches as well as wearing those pointy shoes, which off course then it was not vintage yet. I wished she had kept them - in mint condition off course. I would have sold it at a good price. Nah! I'd keep it for myself especially those handbags and clutches. But alas... I vividly remember this black clutch which she had that I would model it around, wishing it was mine. She would say, "Well, this is too big for you. When you are older, I'll let you have it." I wonder where that clutch is now because I want it. :-)

0 comments: