CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

let me entertain you...

Being the music junkie that I am, I cannot go about my day without music. Ok, so my taste my music may not be impeccable but who does? Taste in music is very subjective. What could be music to my ears may be noise to another. (This also applies to what you think is beautiful. I think Hugh Grant is gorgeous but other girls may beg to differ.)

The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is turn on the music. I listen to music while I am in the shower (off course, volume will have to be turned on real loud for me to hear anything behind the closed doors). I listen to music while I get dressed and put on my face. I listened to music while travelling on the bus, the train, the plane.

If there is no music, there is a void in my day. I don't seem to know how much time have passed without music - average song is about 4 mins each. If I have listened to 5 songs, I know that approximately 20 minutes have passed. Crazy, yes but it works for me.

However, during my travels, those times in my hotel room without music just drives me up the wall. Yes, I can listen using my earphones but I can't possibly be using the earphones with my iPod when I am in the shower. There has been occasion where I wanted to bring small speakers but apparently they are not small enough to fit in my damn luggage. So, yesterday, I invested a small fund in a small speaker.

Edifier MP220


Features:
Dual powered USB, AC/DC, all in one Portable Stereo System for amazing bass performance. (USB power cord Included)
3.5mm line input, connect to all types of Portable PC, MP3 Players, CD Players, PDA and etc
High performance neodynium micro driver
Worldwide 100-240V AC/DC power adaptor
Power output 2 X 3W RMS

Specifications:
Input Impendence: 15K Ohm
RMS 3Wx2 (THD=10%, fo=1KHz)

Slick!! It is so tiny (approx 19 cm x 6cm x 2cm & weighs approx. 550 grams) compared to the other speakers that I have purchased before. It may not have the ultimate sound you would love to have, with sub-woofers and what nots but you get by with what you have when you are away from home.

So now, those time spent in hotel room during my travels will no longer be quiet - there is my iPod with over 3000 songs and my Edifier speakers to keep me entertained. I just hope the power convertor works in the hotel room.

Oh, I think the ultimate would be an iPod video which will provide some visual entertainment where needed. That is currently in my new toys wish list... the never ending wish list.

0 comments: