CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

crack the code..

I had to do it, what with all the hype about it. So last night, I finally finished reading Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code. The contents were intriguing and I just could not put it down after I started reading it. Chapter after chapter, I just want to go on reading and reading. Chapter after chapter, Dan Brown continued to keep you guessing. Chapter after chapter, I was dying to find out what was going to happen next. Now that I have finished it, I am dying to discuss it.

And the things that Dan Brown mentioned in this book were thought provoking.

I want to see the painting of Mona Lisa.
I want to look at the Last Supper and observe the apostles besides Jesus.
I want to wander around the Louvre again.
I want to go to WestMinster Abbey and see Issac Newton’s grave.
I want to go to Rosslyn Chapel in Edinburgh.

His writing is excellent. Narrative. It makes you want to read his other books. However, I am reluctant to do that. Why? This brings me back to when I first read John Grisham. The Firm was probably one of the best books I have ever read. After that, I went on to read his other books and then, the plot stop to thickens. Subsequent books began to tell a similar story like his previous books. I don’t want to go down that road… unless you out there beg to differ and convince me otherwise.

My thoughts are still provoked at this point, from reading Da Vinci’s Code.

0 comments: