CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 29, 2005

driving miss daisy....

Are women really bad drivers? My friends think that we are being stereotyped, perhaps because women are generally known for not handling mechanical things very well. With all due respect to my women-kind, I must admit that most of my observations prior to last weekend, women are not good drivers. Maybe that is why up till now I don’t have a driver’s license. I failed the basic theory twice – also because I did not study for it. Heh! Heh! And every now and then, I get driving dreams – you know, where in my dreams, I am driving but I always announce that I don’t have a license.

Here are some funny stories of women and driving….

I have a friend who obtained her license at 18. She didn’t drive much since. A few years after, she decided to take the family car out and hang out with her friends. She drove up to car park exit but then made a u-turn back, parked the car and took public transport instead. She was too nervous to go out on the open road where there are so many cars!!

Another friend obtained her license while in Canada. When she returned, she told me that each time she parked the car and released the brakes, the car moved. I told her that there is this thing called hand brakes and I am not the one with the license or had any learning experience.

There is another friend who obtained her license last year after only 3 months I think. Bravo! Last weekend, after dinner, she wanted to send us home. Went to the car park and she could not find her car, despite telling us where exactly she parked her car. We were going up and down the multi-storey car park for over 30 minutes – a long time to be in a place without air conditioning in Singapore. Okay, so you asked, what has this got to with her driving? Well darling, if you can drive but can’t remember where you parked your car, in my books, you have failed. ;-) I am only kidding. It is just a funny story and I have to tell it.

So, that evening, when my friend sent all of us home, we were debating about women being bad at driving on the road. Off course, I was proved wrong because there were at least several spotting of bad drivers and they were all men! I guess I was proved wrong. Sorry girls! I am now no longer impartial especially after I saw a man drove into a multistorey car park but not at the entrance but at the exit where there are No-Entry signs all over the exit. How blind can you be not seeing the no-entry sign? Perhaps the sign was in the blind spot. Ha! Ha! Ha !

0 comments: