CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

bbbbzzzzzzz.......

In my last entry, I have mentioned that work has become more bearable now and how I went through a few dark months in 2008 at work.

Man, those dark months were the longest days in my 2008. I have even labeled the organisation I work with as Miseryville because I was in misery. I worked long and sometimes, crazy hours, neglected my fitness routine during the week, not sleeping well on most nights, not spending time with my friends and family and my social life was neglected. I also had chest pains and after consulting the doctor, who carried out some tests, concluded I am healthy but was suffering from anxieties. There were days I wondered if I had jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire when I left Rubbishville. It took my father to say something to make me realise. All he said was, “We don't know you anymore. We hardly or never see you at family meal times in recent months.”

So I reflected and decided that I was going to choose life. I took a step back and looked at the situation and realised that I was letting work get to me. I have been in this situation before and I should know how to manage it. Hence, what I did was go to work and do whatever I can, work late if needed and if not, I'll leave whatever that can wait till the next day. However, I carried out my duties without any passion and take one day at a time. I began to deal with work without any emotions. I don't think long term at all. I made the decision to come to Miseryville and I have to deal with it!

Also, of the three corporate accounts I am managing, there is one account which has been such a pain! In October, it was at the lowest point and I was utterly miserable. As I have mentioned in my last paragraph, I carried out my duties especially on this account with no passion and reluctance. Then last week, as part of my objective, I had to carry out a survey on the various areas of our services for the last quarter. The previous survey went horribly wrong where most areas were rated red, including my role. Now, how's that for motivation?? So, I went to meet the customer with all the negative feeling. Then, a miracle happened. Most of the ratings that were in the red have turned to either amber or green and one of those were my role. The customer turned to me and said that the bad rating given before were not personal and felt that things have remarkably improved between us.

Pinch me because up till this point I could not believe that all these are happening. In the past, the customer was reluctant to see me. All I get was nasty emails of how unhappy they were with things that were going on. It was very painful. Now, they want to see me and my colleagues every week and even giving us new businesses. This week alone, I have been to their office twice for meetings and it is only Tuesday.

Last week, I have also received another customer bouquet on my support to their account and my management have sent me notes to congratulate me, especially for how things have turned around with that tough account I am managing. To be honest, I have no idea what I have done but I must say that there were other things which have changed on how that account is being managed. I have a couple of people on the account with me now, compared to before where I was the only one here. I guess the support helps.

It has only been 2 weeks into the new year but I have been busy as a bee since it began. With the bouquets received and pleasant working relations with all my customers now, my confidence is soaring and I think I am getting my groove back, which I thought I have lost. I did not loose it - it is still there, waiting to be unleashed again. I am no longer a misery resident at Miseryville - the 'town' is ready for a name change.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tuesday Child. Desperate times call for desperate measures, it's time to get your head out of the Miseryville and your legs in the air

Anonymous said...

Anastasia Beaverhausen....where have you been?

Why the long silence?

Anonymous said...

Howdy! This post couldn't be written any better! Looking through this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He constantly kept preaching about this. I most certainly will send this post to him. Fairly certain he will have a very good read. I appreciate you for sharing!

Feel free to visit my web blog - chicago vacations