CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 17, 2008

jazzy evening, the latin way...

What a draggy start to a Monday! My plan to do some strength training early this morning was put off what with my eyes refusing to open with only 6 hours of sleep. I am very tired actually with the lack of sleep but it was quite a productive weekend for yours truly. The highlight of the weekend would be the evening of jazz at the Esplanade.

Ken and I have been talking about going to see a concert at the Esplanade but nothing seems to suit our fancy. The thought died its own natural death until last week when we talked about going to see Maroon 5 concert on 25 March 2008. Unfortunately, we left it until too late that the category of the ticket we wanted are sold out. As a consolation, Ken suggested that we check out the Mosaic Music Festival and found a latin jazz concert on Sunday evening.

The band led by Eddie Palmieri was totally worth it as we also get to check out the Esplanade. We were buzzed after the concert. Ken was hypnotised by the percussionist who was hitting the percussions with style. As for me, I wanted to kick off my shoes and dance the night away. Unfortunately, we were at the circle seats with minimal space at the aisle for us to strut our stuffs. I settled for the tapping of my fingers and feet. While the band was performing fantastic latin jazz, yours truly imagined herself actually enjoying the music under the stars by the beach somewhere in Brazil or Cuba, sipping cocktails and the occasional visit to the dance floor, being spinned around by my dance partner. Oh well, one can always dream. Told Ken later that the music reminded me of the scene of Mr & Mrs Smith when they were in Colombia and Ken said he was thinking of the same too.

Now, I am on the hunt for the CD of Eddie Palmieri and his music makes me want to take up salsa lessons. Salsa away!!!


0 comments: