CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 04, 2007

a miranda hobbs moment...

In episode seven of the final season of Sex & The City, there was a scene when Miranda saw a pair of skinny jeans, which she has saved since 1984 because she couldn’t fit in it. She went to put it on and found that she could button and zipped it up. She went out for a party after that. How’s that for a confidence booster?

Well, I had that moment last Friday morning, although, my moment wasn’t exactly with a pair of skinny jeans. It was this pair of white straight leg jeans, which I bought online from Victoria’s Secret in 2003. I have worn it much between 2003 and 2004 but since 2005, I have not been able to fit in it – and I think I don’t have to say why. I almost tempted to give it away but I decided to keep it at the back of my wardrobe, with the thought at the back of my mind that someday I will be able to fit in it again.

On Friday morning, I wanted to put on this black top with a pair of jeans to work (it is casual Fridays at work these days). Then, I thought about the time when I put on the same top with the pair of white jeans in 2003. I went to look at that corner of my wardrobe and saw the white jeans sitting there. I was not confident that I would be able to button it up but tried it anyway. Well, surprise, surprise! I was able to button it and zipped it up too. A big smile splashed across my face and my mood was lifted higher. I paired my outfit with big earrings, red bag and a pair of wedges and went off to work, walking tall as I left home for work.

The day went great – much work to do but nothing was too daunting. It is amazing how a pair of jeans can make a difference to you mood and your day too. I ended the workweek with a nice lunch, a purchase of a couple make-up items and treated myself to a relaxing massage after work. I am sure that there a lot of women out there who had experienced the same moment. When you are unable to fit into your favourite item of clothing, it can just spoil your day but when it is the other way around, your day, your week and your world becomes so different – like there is nothing that can get in your way. This is a kind of moment that we all should have everyday!

0 comments: